WHAT WE DO
Corporate Service Division
Mr. Felix Koraimae, Under Secretary
Tel : 24215, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Main task of the Division is to provide an effective support service to the technical divisions on conditions of service including a wide range of human resource management issues; financial advice, budget, quarterly financial reports, logistics, upkeep of ministry accounts, office maintenance/repairs, transportation, and IT support. These services are directed towards an efficient, effective and consistent service delivery by all divisions of the ministry in keeping with government policy. Specifically, our goals are:
- Provide HR support to the ministry (training, accommodation, payroll, leave, counseling, workforce planning, promotion and confirmation, performance management processes, discipline, retirement etc.)
- Apply General Orders (GO) and Financial Instructions (FI) as may be appropriate.
- Administer systems and procedures of the government and MPS in the ministry.
- Clean, maintain and upkeep of office lawns and grounds.
- Ensure transport is available for morning and after hours pick up of staff.
- Provide monthly financial reports and advice on emerging financial issues to the Permanent Secretary and the management team.
- Develop Expenditure and Procurement Plan.
- Provide IT services for the ministry
- Provide support to the office of the Permanent Secretary, Commissioner of Forests and the Hon. Minister when required.
- Collaborate with government ministries, agencies and the public
- Lead ceremonial duties and functions of the ministry
- Coordinate and administer ministry projects where appropriate.
- Implement Human Resource management tasks and provide administration support to the Ministry of Forest and Research (training, accommodation, payroll, leave, counseling, workforce planning, promotion and confirmation, performance management processes, discipline, retirement etc.).
- Implement and review the Staff Development Plan.
- Ensure General Orders (GO), code of conduct and public service commission regulations are implemented within the ministry.
- Administer systems and procedures of the government and Ministry of Public Service in the ministry.
- Maintain current offices and staff quarters.
- Ensure conducive working environment for the Ministry of Forest and Research.
- Ensure transport is available for the Ministry of Forest and Research.
- Liaise with ICT Service Unit to provide IT services for the Ministry of Forest and Research.
- Maintain collaboration with government ministries, agencies and the public.
- Lead ceremonial duties and functions of the Ministry of Forest and Research.
- Support, monitor and report the Ministry’s projects. Primarily dealing with existing and emerging HR issues.
- Administer and manage the ministry payroll.
- Administer registry processes and other MPS and SIG procedures within the Ministry of Forestry and Research daily.
- Other relevant regulations.
- Publicize and inform the activities and advocacy of the ministry widely in the country.
- Prepare and issue the quarterly update press release of the ministry.
- Maintain and update the ministry’s web site.
- Clear allocation of responsibly of staffs.
- Monitor and provide monthly financial reports and advice on emerging financial issues to the Permanent Secretary and the management team.
- Ensure the Develop Expenditure and Procurement Plan which all division developed.
- The proper filing copies of Payment Vouchers and their management by ad-hoc basis.
- Maintain proper record all property and asset of the ministry.
- The timely production of monthly financial reports.
- Ensure SIG Financial Instructions (FI) and relevant instruments and legislations are implemented in line with General Orders (GO) and code of conduct.